Thursday, March 12, 2009

Follow my home buying experience

I am 27, I am getting married, I don't make a ton of money, and I am buying a home this year... probably.

Come with me on my journey to purchase a home in the Metro Detroit area in the midst of one of the greatest depressions our country has ever seen.  With this blog I will document every step, provide info on all the mistakes that I make.  Let you inside the world of a regular person who is buying a home.

I am not an investor.  I do not know anything about the real estate market.  I don't want to "flip" my home.  I am just a regular dude who is sick of throwing money away by renting.  And I am getting married and my bride really wants a house.

Here are my goals for this process.

1.  Find an affordable house
2. Get the house for less than the sellers are asking for it.
3. Get a house in the location that I want.
4. Have at least 2 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms in the house.
5. Not go broke during the process.

That's it.  So if you are interested in what it takes to buy a home start following me!

More tomorrow after the home tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment