Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Found the Home

According to my fiance we have found the home we are looking for.  

#1 It is close to downtown Berkley one of the three areas we were looking at.

#2 It has 3 bedrooms including a master suite upstairs.  With the housing market in the shape that it is in we wanted whatever house we were going to buy to last us for a while.  With 3 bedrooms we will be able to have children and still have enough room.

#3 It has more than one bathroom, and the other bathroom is not tucked away in the corner of the basement.  A lot of the houses that we looked at before claim they have 1.5 bathrooms, and they do, but the second bathroom was located in a corner of the house that would be rather inconvenient to visit in a hurry.  This house has 1.5 bathrooms, one on the main floor and a toilet and sink attached to the upstairs master suite.

#4 It has a garage.  Although it is a 1.5 car garage I am used to parking my car outside year round anyway.  Plus my fiance's car is not doing so hot so we would definitely want to park it indoors in the winter.

#5 Although the outside of the house could use some updating, the inside has been completely redone with hard wood floors and new paint and windows (important on those cold Michigan nights).

#6 Low property taxes!  The taxes on this house are low right now.  Who knows what they will do as the years go on but Ferndale taxes were killing us!

Bonus:  There is a custom built wine cellar in the basement.  So now we have people over for dinner I can say, "I'll be right back with some wine from the cellar."

I have not had a chance to look at the house myself but my fiance went with our realtor to check it out the other day.  We are still not sure we will be able to afford it, $109,900.  But the good news is that it is bank owned and they are trying to sell it on a short sale.  This is the same house I talked about in one of my previous posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment